“The only thing that stands between you and your dream is the will to try and the belief that it is actually possible.” – Joel Brown
Have you ever asked yourself what is inspiration? The word inspiration simply means “in – spirit”. When you live ‘in-spirit’ you feel excited about yourself, life and you have a special connections with all parts of your mind and body. How then do we connect to our spirit? This connection is what make all things possible.
Some tips on inspiration:
- The first tip to inspiration is enjoyment. Are you enjoying what you are doing?
- The second tip is love. Do you love what you are doing?
- The third tip is to trust yourself. Do you trust yourself? What is the voice inside you saying? Trust it, it is always right.
- The fourth tip is to follow what your intuition tells you. What has it been saying to you?
- The fifth tip is to keep telling yourself “I can”. These are some of the most powerful words that you can ever use. Positive affirmations are strong in achieving what we set our minds to achieve.
- The sixth tip is avoid any negative people who may discourage you. They might think that they may not be able to, and try to project this negative belief onto you, but remember to keep telling yourself that, “I can! “
- The seventh tip is to believe in yourself. When you are backed by a strong belief in yourself and your dreams, nothing is impossible.
- The eighth tip is to avoid negativity. Bad news kills inspiration, look for inspiring people, events to continue inspiring you.
- The ninth tip is acceptance. Accept that on some days you feel much more inspired than on others. This is normal, nobody can be completely inspired every minute of the day.
- The tenth tip is possibly the most important of all is to take action. Take action every day, baby steps, no matter how small a step it seems. Action is the fuel to the fires of inspiration. Make it a daily practise to keep your fire burning. The taking of actions, no matter how small, will fill you with inspiration for taking the next step.
On any given day the changes you make don’t have to be huge, earth shaking events. Simply decide what it is that you want, and then take small, conscious steps on a daily basis. One of life’s paradoxes is that sometimes the fastest way to make major, lasting, changes is to take things slowly. A daily series of steps repeated daily towards a conscious direction. Tomorrow as you go through your day, look at every action you do, no matter how small, take a note of every person you come in contact with. At the end of each encounter ask yourself. “In which direction am I moving? What will be the result of these actions repeated many times?”
Ultimately, at the end of our lives, all we will be left with is the journey. It will be the time spent on becoming what we are that will make up our lives. So make the most of each precious moment, and remember, “It’s the little things you do every day that really make a huge difference.” What little things are you doing today? Are you inspired? Be inspired before you expire!
One of the best known Chinese proverbs says “A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step”.