Your uniqueness is what makes you interesting. Your uniqueness is what others will relate to. Being authentic will set you apart.
- What were your childhood passions? Revisit your childhood memories and find out what you dreamt of. We are who we are. You probably still love the things you loved as a child.Although we grow and change and our interests mature over time, here is still a fundamental part of our character and personality that we’ve always carried with us. Think about what you liked to do as a kid.
- What would you love to do if money wasn’t the issue and if you knew you wouldn’t fail? We ordinarily think, “that would be great! I would do all the things that I have always wanted to do, but didn’t because of my fear of failing”. What would these things be? Anyway the simple fact is that there is no such thing as success without the possibility of failure! Instead of eliminating the possibility of failure from our life, the trick is to develop a proper attitude toward failure.
- Take some assessment tests. Everyone is unique and deserves to know more about themselves in order to succeed in life. There are many free assessment tests online
- Check what you have in your journal: we write and read about what we love. Do a stream-of-consciousness writing exercises of things you love to do. It could be as simple as, going shopping. What have you done in your life where you’ve felt happy, or useful, or un-self-conscious, or free, or in touch? Those situations and activities define you, as well as giving you clues to the authentic you. Pay attention to them. Do what you can to bring more of them into your life.
- The challenges you have overcome: we overcome challenges when we set our minds to believe that those things are important to us. They force us to talk about a difficult time once had. A challenge is an opportunity we had to turn a big challenge into a great accomplishment.